Monday, December 10, 2012

My Christmas Turkey Pt 1

On Saturday, I am hosting a Christmas party for some of Joey and my couple friends. I am also cooking a traditional Christmas dinner with their help. I of course, am providing the meat. So this week you will get to follow the making of my first turkey!! I am very excited.

Last week I was sitting at work making lists for this upcoming weekend and realized I had no idea what I was going to do with my turkey. I started getting very worried and decided to text my mom. She has never had to make a turkey before because my grandma or an aunt has always made the bird. Luckily, she had my aunt's recipe that she always uses when making a bird, so she sent me the directions. I am confident I now know the proper way to make my bird delicious.

Today I went to Target to purchase my bird. Joey had gotten a $25 Butterball check from his (new) job and let me use it to buy my bird. I went to Target because their Butterballs were on sale for 99 cents a pound. That was the cheapest turkey I had found anywhere, even the off brand wasn't that cheap!! So I was able to purchase a 17 pound turkey for free.

Now my bird is thawing in the fridge until Saturday morning when I get it all ready for the cooking process.


No comments:

Post a Comment