Sunday, November 4, 2012

Crock Pot Apple Crisp

I made this when my parents and brother came to town to visit me and see my new apartment. It was a good visit and nice to finally be able to show them a put together, homey looking apartment.

The apple crisp was really easy, tasty and made my apartment smell really good. The only thing I changed was using pecans instead of walnuts. I used a mixture of Granny Smith and Gala apples just to mix up the flavors a little bit.


I got the recipe from crockingirls.com Here is the recipe anyways:

Apple Crisp

  • 1 c. All-purpose flour
  • 1/2 c. Brown sugar
  • 1 c. White sugar
  • 1 t. Ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 t. Ground nutmeg
  • 1 Pinch of salt
  • 1 Stick butter, softened 
  • 1 c. Chopped pecans
  • 1 T. Cornstarch
  • 1/2 t. Ground ginger
  • 6 c. Apple cored, chopped (peeled optional) (about 7 apples)
  • 2 T. lemon juice
Mix flour, brown sugar, ½ c. of white sugar, ½ t. cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl. Combine butter in with the mixture using a fork or your fingers until coarse crumbs form. Stir in pecans and set aside. Whisk together 1/2 c. sugar, cornstarch, ginger, and ½ t. cinnamon. Place the apples in the bottom of the crock pot, then stir in the cornstarch mixture; toss with lemon juice. Sprinkle the remaining ingredients on top of apples. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4, until apples are tender. After cooking is complete remove lid so topping can harden, about an hour. Serve with vanilla ice cream of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment