Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup

I am aware I like to take large breaks in between posting things, but that just makes it even more special when I do :)

Here is some deliciously easy soup to make on a cold day like today. There is no broccoli listed in the ingredients, but next time I am definitely going to add a head of broccoli.



Baked Potato Soup


  • 6 Large potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 1 Large onion, diced
  • 2 Carrots, peeled and diced
  • 1 Quart chicken broth
  • 3 Garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/4 c. Butter
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 1 c. Cream
  • 1 c. or more Shredded cheddar cheese
  • 6 Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
Combine all ingredients besides cream, cheese, and bacon in the crock pot. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8. When potatoes are tender, coarsely mash them until soup reaches your desired consistency. (I still don't have a potato masher, so I used my hand mixer) Stir in cream, cheese, and bacon. Garnish with whatever toppings you please: sour cream, chives, more cheese)

Recipe adapted from crockingirls.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment