Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pumpkin Fudge

I got this recipe from a girl I work with. It turned out great for me, but for her, not so well. She was not patient enough for it to get to the right temperature. So let this be a warning, patience makes perfect! (Even if it is 10:30 at night) I was told not to make anything for Joey's extended family's Thanksgiving, so naturally I made these. They were the only homemade thing there besides the turkey and red velvet cake, so of course they were a hit!

I just went looking for a picture, but apparently I forgot to take one because I made these late, late at night. So here is a picture of my little crafty project I did instead :)


Pumpkin Fudge

  • 3 c. Sugar
  • 3/4 c. Butter
  • 1-5 oz. can Evaporated milk (2/3 c.)
  • 1/2 c. Canned Pumpkin
  • 1/2 t. Ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 t. Ginger
  • 1/4 t. Ground nutmeg
  • 1-12 oz. pkg Butterscotch chips (2 c.)
  • 1-7 oz. jar Marshmallow creme
  • 1 c. Chopped pecans
  • 1 t. Vanilla
Butter a 13x9x2 baking dish. In a 2 quart saucepan, combine sugar, butter, evaporated milk, pumpkin, and spices. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly (you don't want the fudge to burn). Reduce heat. Boil over medium-low heat until mixture registers 234 degrees F (soft ball stage) on candy thermometer stirring constantly (about 25 minutes). *I ended up having to turn up the heat because after 30 mins the temperature hadn't moved past 200 F.

Remove from heat and stir in chips until melted. Add marshmallow creme, nuts, and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Pour in pan and spread evenly. Cool at room temperature. Cut in squares, wrap, and store in fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment