Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Happy, Happy, Happy

First post that isn't about the kitchen!

This past weekend I was lucky enough to be able to go to St. Louis with Joey. I was able to see a lot of family because they were all helping my grandparents move into a retirement center. You ask why they moved? To be with all of their old Lutheran friends is what I tell everyone, which is mostly true :)

Anyways, I got to see my dear cousin, Malia, who is 6 weeks older than me. We hadn't seen each other for a year and a half because it she lives in Ohio and is still in school. Once we got together though it was like we had never been apart. I also got to meet her boyfriend and she got to meet Joey. The 4 of us definitely had a good time together.

On Sunday, Joey and I went to see Gil Shaham play with the St. Louis Symphony. It was an amazing concert. I was so happy that Joey agreed to come with me because I know it wasn't his first choice of fun things to do in St. Louis. There are a lot of guys I know who won't do that for their woman. I am one lucky girl :) I managed to get us upper level seats, but they were right in the middle so we could see everything. Gil Shaham played Beethoven's Violin Concerto. He was so good! He is the first world-renowned I have ever seen. I can only dream of one day being as good as him OR be good enough to play in a symphony like St. Louis.

After the concert I took Joey to P.F. Changs as a thank you. He had never been and I hadn't been in a very long time. It was a very lovely evening. We got a 4 course meal for $40, it was quite the deal AND we still had leftovers.

After this weekend I felt like Joey and I got even closer. We had some good talks and a really good time overall. Things keep getting more real that we will be getting engaged soon. Then it will be a whole bunch of planning and exciting times. I am very thankful that he walked into Fazoli's and that I gave him a chance. I know we are going to have a very good life together, because I mean, we already do!

No comments:

Post a Comment