Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pumpkin Dump Cake

I thought I would be fancy and do my own version of a pumpkin dump cake, but my cooking skills don’t seem to be advanced enough to make up a baked good recipe yet.  Really what happened is I just didn’t read the entire recipe of what I was supposed to do.
I manged to fix it, but it wasn’t enough for Joey to rave over, so clearly I won’t try my version again. Here’s the real recipe…I suggest you use this and follow the directions and it will turn out great!




*For the topping I crushed up 8 graham crackers and mixed that with some brown sugar and cinnamon.
**Make sure you pour the butter over the cake mix! That is what I failed to do, so obviously the cake didn’t bake. I had to just mix everything together in the pan and re-bake it. I don’t suggest that.
***I topped it with homemade whip cream. You can never go wrong with that! (Carton of heavy whipping cream with a little bit of vanilla and sugar to taste. Whip it with beaters until it forms peaks. And  make sure you chill the bowl and beaters in the freezer before you make it)


No comments:

Post a Comment